Friday, May 1, 2015

Slide Mount Box from Recycled Cereal Box

Altered Photo Slide Mount Box: A couple of years ago I made some little boxes to store some of my creative elements such as my Altered Slide Mounts, Small Origami Papers and Mini Sentiments in. The boxes were made from recycled cereal, cake mix and cracker boxes.

Recycled handmade box with altered slide mounts
UN-adorned they looked quite hideous but I never found the time to do anything with them until now. Today I am sharing a much prettier version of the box I created to store my altered slide mounts in. Above is the top of the box. The mail focal point is one of my altered slide mounts and it uses my original Framed Geisha digital stamp design.  The Gold Embossed piece that serves as a backdrop for the top lid, is a piece of recycled greeting card.

Altered slide mounts
I created this alteration especially for this months challenge at Altered Eclectic.  Above is a view of the side of the box which shows the different papers used for the top and bottom as well as some of the slide mounts which have been covered with my digital backgrounds but still need to have more added to them to make them useable for upcoming projects.

Recycled cereal box and altered handmade slide mounts
Above is a photo of the lid sitting on top of the bottom of the box. Since this box was custom made for my slide mounts, they fit perfectly inside and it will serve as a prettier reminder to use them.

Recycled materials for altered slide mount box On the right is a photo of some of my boxes which haven't yet been decorated. The one on the top inside a lid is the one which contains my slide mounts. I hope you have enjoyed my little box. I am always so inspired by all the lovely things the rest of the team makes and hope you will go check them out to. While you are there, please be sure to join this months Altered Eclectics challenge.

Special Note: You will find a tutorial on how to altered recycled slide mounts, how to make your own from heavy card stock, as well as some projects I created with some of the ones I have made on my Art With No Boundaries blog.

 Take care all and hope you enjoy the rest of your creative day, :)

My Slide Mound box has been entered into the following challenges:
 Rhedd's Creative Spirit ... Altered Art

7 comments:

Joi at RR said...

This is wonderful Chris. I have never redone a box this large. There is so much to see. I love all the different papers and colors on it. And of course, I love orange!! The top is amazing and it's so perfect that you used one of your wonderful slide mounts on top and with music notes on it too - it's perfect! Love the metallics and blings. It's a wonderful box. Thanks bunches for such a great example. j.

Michele said...

this is so stunningly beautiful! xo

Pamellia Johnson said...

This is fabulous Chris! Love the theme and the metallic accents really grab the eye! happy weekend, hugs :)

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Chris I love how you have created something so beautiful and useful from something that would end up in most peoples trash can. You inspire me with your creativity and I may just have to make myself some storage boxes instead of buying food storage containers for my bits and pieces. I love this hun xx

Sammy said...

Gorgeous, and I love the Japanese theme! Thank you for entering your project at Rhedd’s Creative Spirit. Sammy-x

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

I love the idea of altered slide mounts and you've created the perfect box to store them in!

Rupa S said...

I seem to have the pleasure of seeing your creations here month after month Chris. Love your re cycling ideas .Thanks for sharing this with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month. Good Luck, Rupa, DT.