Thursday, April 2, 2015

Trinket Box from Recycled Items Altered Eclectics

Hello everyone, I made this little trinket box for the challenge over at Altered Eclectics. The  whole box was made from recycled material including a Dove Soap Box and a Cereal Box.

altered trinket jewelry box recycled project

The Top, Bottom and Inside of the box were created from a cereal box and the hinge part on the back which attaches the top and the bottom and allows it to flip open is from a recycled Dove Box.




The main focal point on the top is one of the designs from my CS Designs Collectables and Ephemera Digital Stamp Series and I colored it with Prismacolor pencils and blended it with odorless turpentine to give it a more subtle appearance.


recycled art altered trinket jewelry box

The rose on the bottom is a combination pieces the part with text i was created from a recycled page book and punch and then painted with re-inking ink. The bottom part was created using a punch and the heavier texture of the card-stock allowed me to curl the petals up a little to give the flower a more 3d look.The sentiment is also one of my digital stamp designs.

I though this little trinket box was the perfect place to store some of my junk jewellery  which I occasionally use as embellishments for my recycled projects, and the colors on the box coordinate with what is inside.
 recycled art altered jewelry trinket box
I rather like this idea and may make some additional boxed in various colors to go with the rest of my collected jewelry pieces. Right now I store my 2nd hand jewellery in vintage glass jars and while they look really nice on my shelf, I always have to go through  all the jars looking for that perfect element to add to a project.

I hope you have enjoyed my little box and will go check out the Altered Eclectics challenge. This is such an amazing challenge and the talent there is incredible and sure you will find it inspiring.

My Trinket Box has been entered in the following challenges:
Rhedd's Creative Spirit ... Altered Art
Not Just Cards ... #16
2 Creative Chicks ... #25 Anything Goes No Cards
Ladybug Crafts ... Anything Goes ... A New Start


7 comments:

La Papera Gialla said...

Thanks for entering our Not Just Cards Challenge and Happy Easter!
Monica - DT

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

What a brilliant idea to make color coordinated boxes for your embellishments. Love your box and the image is gorgeous - love it all xx

steffi said...

This box is lovely Chris :o) the image and the colours you've used - and I might be a teensy bit jealous of your embellishments!! Great to see it in the AE blog & thanks for sharing it at Rhedds Creative Spirit - Steffi :o) xx

Nan Bourdeu said...

Chris I adore this project! It is one I definitely want to try and I love to turn stuff headed to the garbage and see it turned into something as awesome as this! Thanks for sharing with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month! ~Nanette, DT~

Nana said...

Beautiful. Thanks for linking up over at 2 Creative Chicks

Have a creative day.
Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Rupa S said...

I super super love this re cycled trinket box! You just made my soul happy...I am badly bitten by the re cycle bug and this is so healing, lol! Love this Chris...Thanks for sharing this with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month. Good Luck, Rupa, DT.

Pam said...

What a beautiful little box!
Thanks for linking up over at 2 Creative Chicks

Have a creative day.
Pam
♥ Scrap N Sew Granny ♥
♥ Pam's Stitched With Love ♥