Friday, March 27, 2015

Unruly PaperArts March Guest Artist Pt2

 

If you read my post from March 15th, you probably already know that I was invited to be a Guest Artist on the Unruly PaperArts  online magazine this month. What an absolute pleasure for me and what a great honor.  Another thing I am very excited about is that their issue this month is all about recycling in art, which most of you know I am very passionate about.  

 Altered Puzzle Piece Handmade Book


All total I created three different project for this issue, one of  which is a Puzzle Page book I mentioned in my early post and then I shared the front cover. Today I am sharing a couple more pages from my Puzzle Page Book as well as a Steampunk Shadow Frame.

Altered Puzzle Piece Book
Altered Puzzle Piece Mixed Media Book

I really enjoyed creating these projects especially the Puzzle Page Book because it is vibrantly colorful, very different and just a little quirky which really suits my style of art. I plan to add more pages to my book at a later date but in the meantime I hope you will go visit my Guest Spot page on Unruly PaperArts and check out the rest of the pages I have created so far.

 I would also love to know what you think of my projects and hope you will leave me a comment to let me know you had a look. Besides my Puzzle Piece Book and my Steampunk Shadow Frame you will find a few more surprised which include my 3rd project.

recycled art altered puzzle piece book

At the very bottom of my Steampunk Shadow frame above are 3 little silver cylinders. These are not something I have ever seen recycled in art before and if you would like to know what they are  you will have to go check out the magazine. While you are there please be sure to check out the whole thing as there is lots of inspiration and wonderful art there.

All the designs used in my projects including many of the backgrounds come from my various digital stamp collections which can be found on my CS Designs Online Store

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you enjoyed a gimps of some of my projects. If you would like to see the rest of my pieces with more photos please visit my my Guest Artist spot on this issue of Unruly PaperArts.

Thank you so much Danie for the lovely invitation, I enjoyed it thoroughly, :)

The projects in this post are entered into the following challenges:

Rhedd's Creative Spirit ... Altered Art... and really great challenge



4 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Absolutely loving the puzzle book, so fun and bright and then the steam punk frame is just so creative, loving the word art in the background. Huge congrats on being published.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Deb~Paxton Valley Folk Art said...

Wonderful projects one and all Chris, thanks so much for sharing your techniques with us all (and how brilliant to recycle those cylinders, I didn't have a clue what they were!)

Sandra Wright said...

I so love your puzzle book,love the bright vibrant colours, great deco style image too.
Thank you for joining us over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit...x

Rupa S said...

The puzzle book is such a beautiful make in vibrant colors. Love it.Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month. Good Luck, Rupa,D.T.