Sunday, February 1, 2015

Red Burgundy Cream Asian Shadowbox


I created this little Asian Shadow box for my Designer project for this month’s challenge at Eclectic Ellapu


Recycled Altered Asian Art Shadow Box

 This month we are having a color challenge and the color to use are Red, Burgundy and Cream. Aren't these a wonderful color combination? as soon as I saw them I knew that I wanted to make something simple but elegant and I think they lend themselves nicely to this Asian Theme.

I love this little shadow box, because it came from a thrift store and cost a whole 50 cents. The part I really love about it is that I am not the one that found it. I was looking around the store for something cool to use in my Art, when Hubby came up to me with it in hand and asked if I could use it. What a sweet Guy don‘t you think? I have enough 2nd hand stuff to last me an entire lifetime and he doesn’t complain and brings me even more. :)
Altered Shadow Box Recycled Asian Mixed Media

This is actually a very small box. I an not sure what it was for originally (maybe small soap) but I have never see one that tiny before. I painted it with Red Acrylic Paint and then applied a layer of Matte Gel Medium. From Top left to right and so on. The Sentiment is one of my Digital Sentiments, The Paper Rose was made out of brown packing material and which I dyed with  re-inkers ink and then dry brushed with Glitter Glue. I applied the Rose over a small piece of gather tool which I got from my friend Phyllis who always gives me the most wonderful things to use in my art. I applied a bit of Glitter to the tool as well. For the bottom left

Altered Shadow Box, Recycled Art, Asian art project
I made a paper fan. I accordion folded patterned card-stock, and then tied the bottom half with red crochet thread. I then added some of the same Glitter Glue I applied to the Paper Rose. I then added a Gold Rim Cream Button to coordinate with the sentiment above.  The Asian design below is one of my original hand/mouse drawn digital stamp designs called Asian Montage Framed Geisha 1 which I colored with bic and Sharpie markers. I also drew the Asian Bamboo Background showing behind the  the fan above and used as a backdrop in all the sections.

Asian Mixed Media Art recycled art project

Be sure to visit Eclectic Ellapu for a fun challenge and be sure to checkout the fabulous projects by the rest of the team.

My Red Burgundy Cream Asian Shadow Box has bee entered to the following challenges.

Rhedd's Creative Spirit  ... Anything Goes Mixed Media and Altered Art

Not Just Cards  ... Anything Goes

6 comments:

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

I love shadow boxes and this one is no exception and fills me with inspiration ( I have one in my room somewhere and really must dig it out - stunning xx

Julie Short said...

Chris what a delight for my sleepy eyes this morning...your shadow box is lovely!You are lucky to have a wonderful husband like I do....he also brings me weird and interesting!
Thank you for joining in Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month.

NanB said...

I love shadow boxes and this little treasure is so lovely! Love your stamps and art work! Thanks for sharing with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month! ~Nanette, DT member~

steffi said...

Absolutely beautiful shadow box - I agree the colours just shout Asian! I would never have guessed that the rose was from packing material. Lovely sentiment too. Thanks for sharing with us at Rhedds Creative Spirit ~ :o) xx

Jan Ltc said...

This is great! Thanks for joining us at NJC xx Jan

Desire Fourie said...

Wow Chris this is an amazing shadow box. The colouring is so vibrant. A stunning project once again.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}