Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Asian Button Box

It’s time for another challenge at The Craft Garden and this month the theme calls for 3 items from a recipe, which can be any of the following: Ribbon, 4 buttons, ink or mist, floral patterned paper, stencil, paper clip and green. For my project, I created an Asian Button Box using some recycled materials. I have jars full of buttons on my shelves and in drawers but never seem to use them and I thought this would a pretty reminder that I could keep on my desk and encourage me to use them more.
Recycled Asian Button BoxAsian Recycled Button Box
The Inside Drawer part of the box is made from part of a recycled cereal box wile The Outside part that wraps around the drawer is made from a recycled Dove soap box. Also recycled are the two top squares which make up the main focal point. The foundation for these are made from pieces of left over mat board from framing.

 The items I used from the recipe list are: the color Green, the see through ribbon on the top left corner of my box, my buttons inside the drawer, a gold decorative paper clip, and floral patterned paper used on the square directly under the Asian Postage design. I also used orange pigment ink as direct to paper around the edges in various places. The only thing on the list I didn’t use was a stencil. I though about it but for such a small piece there seemed to be enough going on with my box without it.
 Asian Japanese Harajuku domino digital stamps Materials Used:
Main focal point ...Harajuku Girl
Harajuku Girl Domino 1 digital stamp by CS Designs
Colored with Prismacolor Pencils
Recycled cereal box & Dove face soap box
Orange Pigment Ink, Gold pen for edging
Green see through Ribbon & Amber Gem
Patterned Paper (Flower & Assorted)
Gold Spiral Paperclip, Brads
Copper Cording, Buttons,
Gold Key Charm, Scrap Mat Board
Asian Altered Button Box 
My Asian Button Box 
is playing in the following challenges:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Craft Place ... Buttons 
Altered Eclectics ... Anything Goes 
Imagination Crafts ... Anything Goes 
My Craft Creations ... Anything Goes 
Through the Craftroom Door ... Anything Goes
Fan-Tastic Tuesday ...  #29 Patterned Paper  
Rhedd's Creative Spirit ... Altered Art 
Paper Crafting Journey Pg2 ... Anything Goes

Don't Forget: to check out The Craft Garden too. You have an entire month to play and can submit more than one project and look forward to seeing your entry. :)

26 comments:

Ellis said...

Stunning buttonbox you made and you did a great job on using the items on the list too! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Judith Taylor - Wright said...

fabulous hun and thank you for sharing with us at Fantastic Tuesday x

Desire Fourie said...

This is just WOW Chris. You are just so talented and this has an awesome mixed media feel to it. Another stunning little piece of art.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Sue Bridesmith said...

Stunning Design and lovely Papers, perfect for our challenge over at Fan-Tastic Tuesday, thank you for joining us this week we would love you to come back and join us again next week for another fun challenge...Good Luck,
Hugs
Suzy B Owner Fan-Tastic Tuesday
Xx

Renee said...

Gorgeous box! I love the layers and the tiny keyhole. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment. Hugs~Renee

Moira Gray said...

Gorgeous, love the papers and colours and theme.

Thanks for joining us at Rhedd's Creative Challenge.

Moira DT xx

Moira Gray said...

Neet said...

These are just beautiful, fabulous colour.
Hugs, Neet xx

Jo Murray said...

A treasure of a box. I just love it.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Gorgeous, love the texture and the colors.

ann said...

Beautiful love the textures, colors and detail.

KraftyKoolKat said...

A really stunning creation. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Paper Crafting Journey.

Hugs
Cathy DT Member
xxxxx

Tincan Crafter said...

Oh wow - all I wanted to do is come over and say thank you for leaving a comment on my Altered Artful Dwelling post, and I am so glad that I did - it was a happy find to happen upon this beautiful mixed media piece - I used to live in Japan for 7 years - I fell in love with the Asian aesthetic while I was there. I am so impressed that you made this out of a Dove soap box. About your comment on my blog - I have a thing about making paper and board look like metal. If you're into that as well, I have some older posts about how to mess about with paint and paper and make it look like galvanised metal and I think there is another post where I made it look like vintage engraved metal. There are also a few on rust effects. Glad you thought in this post that it actually was metal.

Kathy Freeman said...

Love this creation, thanks for entering MCC challenge, Good Luck Kathy x

Pumpy said...

I love your Button Box, so glad you can calling I loved hearing from you. Your work is as wonderful as ever. xx

Astrid said...

Beautiful project Chris ! I love Asian themed things !

Cara Malmrose said...

Great job on reusing so many items! Bet this looks great on your table. Thanks for sharing this with us at Through The Craft Room Door, hope to see you again in our next challenge! - XX Cara

mags said...

A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Imagination Crafts.
Mags
x

Annie said...

Your Button Boxes are stunning Chris. Love the fact that you used recycled items too. Amazing oriental design

Lovely to hear from you on the blog.

Sending you my best wishes

Annie x

Marjie Kemper said...

How gorgeous, Chris! Such wonderful transformations of the recycled boxes.

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Chris what a fantastic idea and so gorgeous as well. Thank you for playing along over at Altered Eclectics this month.
Elaine aka Ellapu
Owner
Altered Eclectics
&
Eclectic Ellapu

Kay Dalton said...

a stunning project , love it, thanks for joining us at That Craft Place challenge x

Michele said...

wow these are truly stunning! so much color and variety and power! love love love it! xo

Angela Radford said...

Absolutely gorgeous boxes, you are so clever. Happy crafting, Angela x

Tincan Crafter said...

Chris - I wanted to stop by and say thank you for stopping by my blog and telling me about the new challenge blog - it does sound like a lot of fun and I am certainly going to try and play along. But now more importantly - I LOVE ALL THINGS ASIAN!!! I lived in Japan for several years and I fell in love with the Asian aesthetic - this piece of yours had me salivating.

Sheena Fitzpatrick said...

Thank you for visiting my blog and for your lovely comment! I've been really enjoying my look around your blog also and have followed you back.
I love this button box, the colours and style are gorgeous!

Sheena
xxx