Monday, April 29, 2013

Sorrow's Rainbow


I have had a lot of problems with my internet for the past couple of months and it has really put a crimp in my blogging and being able to share new things. After much complaining from my end, my internet service provider finally gave me some new equipment and things are much improved. :)

 After so long since my last post, I am very pleased to share a new piece with you. I made this art especially for the Rainbow challenge at The Craft Garden.

The main focal point for this piece is my new Sorrow digital stamp. I drew this design some years  ago but just recently turned it into a digital stamp. Sorrow has been colored with Prismacolor pencils and blended odorless turpentine using paper stumps. I did the various color shading in her hair to signify a rainbow. I have also added a bit of direct to paper technique around the outer edges.

The Soul would have no Rainbow sentiment is also a new digital stamp and also has a bit of direct to paper on it to help soften the white and make it coordinate better with the overall design.

The colorful background underneath the main layer is a sheet from a small background package I bought at the dollar store.  I though the range of colors were just perfect for a Rainbow theme. Since the background was text weight paper, I reinforced it by gluing it to a sheet of white cardstock. For the tassels I used various colorful fibers and a mix of glass and wooden beads.

Materials List:
Sorrow and Rainbow Sentiment by CS Designs
Prismacolor pencils, odorless turpentine and paper stumps
cardstock, colorful backgrund paper
Brass eyelet, fibers and wood and glass beads

Sorrow's Rainbow is playing in the following challenges

The Craft Garden ... Rainbows ... April Monthly Challenge ... I'm lucky  # 13. Starting in May, I will be designing for this challenge blog... Thank you Kerry for giving me the opportunity to play on your team. :)

Make it Monday ... Link Party ... I'm number 62

8 comments:

Margy (DS4J) said...

Super tag Chris! Love the new image and that sentiment is perfect!
{{{hugs}}}
Margy
Owner: Digistamps4Joy

Julia said...

Beautiful tag, love the image.
Hugs,
Julia

Desire Fourie said...

Beautiful Chris and how true is the wording.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Kerry said...

It's beautiful Chris. Glad to have you on board

Sandy said...

Lovely tag, gorgeous colours. Thanks for linking up with Make It Monday this week.
Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
Hugs,
Sandy

Elena said...

It's so cute! I saw you on Make It Monday.

Ellis said...

Beautiful coloring and I like her rainbow hair! =)
Hope everything is sorted out with your internet by now!
Hugs, Elenor

Pumpy said...

Love, love it Chris. xx