Saturday, April 6, 2013

Edgar Allan Poe Recycled Slide Mount



 

I created this Recycled and Altered Slide Mount for my April Issue of the Art With No Boundaries Ezine which just went on line today. The main focal point of this piece is my Edgar Allan Poe Montage digital stamp. I have not used any colors on either Edgar Allan Poe or his name below him and I  like the clean look next the grunge ad metal look.

The Slide Mount has been covered with a piece of cardstock which has been covered with Aluminium Foil Tape and then embossed with a Cuttlebug folder.I added extra scoring (striations) using a short double ended knitting needle to give it a little different look. I then applied a layer of black acrylic paint and allowed it to set for a bit before rubbing some of it off and was lucky to have some of it stay behind in some of the crevices. I also applied a bit of red acrylic paint to random spots.

The red acrylic paint looked faint so I used a bit a red Sharpie marker here and there as well. For an accent I used a small metal cog attached with a red brad. The name of Edgar Allan Poe has been mounted over black linen cardstock which has also received a bit of red acrylic paint.

Materials List:
Edgar Allan Poe Montage Digital Stamp
Recycled Slide Mount
Aluminium Foil Tape
Black/Red Acrylic Paint
Red Sharpie Marker
Embossing Folder / Cuttlebug
Metal Cog and Red Brad.
Black Cardstock
Tool for scoring Aluminium Foil Tape
General Adhesives and Cutting Tools

Edgar is playing in the following Challenges:
Quote the Raven Challenge... 
Quest 19 / Anything Poes


 Special Note:  ...............................................


For a complete tutorial on how to Alter Recycled Slide Mounts or Create Your Own from Scratch visit the  ..........    April Issue of Art With No Boundaries.


6 comments:

I Don't Do Straight said...

Oh WOW!!! this is FABULOUS! Great image and I love the cogs in the background. Thanks for sharing with us at Quoth the Raven :)

ike said...

How awesome is that and a fantastic idea with the slide mounts. I saw this the other day and it's genius. Fabulous cogs background. Thank you for sharing your creation by playing along with us at QUOTH THE RAVEN.
IKE xxx

Happycrafter Shell said...

Brilliant creation, such great repurposing :D Thank you for playing along with us at Quoth the Raven

Jacki Daniels said...

Ooohh I am loving this and your other work too
Iam trying to spread the word about my new challenge I am starting just for dark themes http://punkyougirl.blogspot.co.uk/ is the link and I am having a DT call too

Jacki Daniels said...

this is wonderful love it
I am just spreading the news that I am starting a new challenge blog just for dark paper crafting and am having a DT call to at the moment would love it if you popped over to check it out may be even apply http://punkyougirl.blogspot.co.uk/

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow this is an awesome masculine creation. I see it has also been a winner over at a challenge and I can see why.
{I would love you to take part in my 600 Follower Give-away. Thank you so much if you have already entered and good luck.} Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}