Thursday, March 14, 2013

Edgar Allan Poe Grunge Board Book



This Mini Grunge Book is being featured in the March issue of the Art With No Boundaries Online Magazine. Creating this book was major fun for me from beginning to end because I got to recycle, re-purpose, re-invent, cut, sand,  tear up, collage stuff and get paint all over my fingers.

The foundation for this mini work of art was a Child's Board book and the main focal point is my Edgar Allan Poe Montage digital stamp design. This little book is a little bit different from my other books becasue it has a see through window on the front cover which shows Edgar on another page underneath.  Another thing I like about this book is that I got to use some of the new metal cogs elements, I purchased quite awhile ago and have been saving for something special. What could be more special than something a little grungy, dark and perhaps even slightly steampunk.



Although there are several pictures of this book in the magazine, I have included only a couple here with only a very small glimpse of the cogs and other elements that lie inside. To read more about how I created this book as well as what really lies inside I would like to invite you to go visit the latest issue of Art With No Boundaries magazine where you will find a more in-depth version of this project.  The magazine is free to read, and created as a resource for paper crafter, Collage, Assemblage and Mixed Media Artists.

You can also read past issues of the magazine through the Table of Contents on the main page. There is a lot of great content in all the issues so be sure to check them out. Just to give you a bit of an idea of what is in the current issue, I have added a mini version of the March Cover directly below. Although the cover is also in the post below, I included it here again because when I join challenges they like you to link to only the one post so some people miss the previous content.

Art With No Boundaries Online Magazine Ezin by Chris CS Designs



Edgar is participating in the following challenges:
Quoth the Raven ... Quest 19 Anything Poes
Three Muses ... Steampunk
Little Red Wagon ... # 176 ... Windowed

7 comments:

I Don't Do Straight said...

Stunning! and beautifully done. Thanks for sharing with us at Quoth the Raven :)

Rosanne said...

This is stunning, thanks for linking it up to Little Red Wagon!

The Gossamer Tearoom said...

I love your board book! Really gorgeous!

ike said...

Ooooh - that is wonderful.. I totally LUV it. Fantastic idea. I love the colour of it - looks like metal. Thank you for joining us over at QUOTH THE RAVEN :-)
IKE xx

Jayne said...

Gorgeous! Love the texture, dimension....everything! Thanks for joining us at LRW this week.

Happycrafter Shell said...

Fabulous! Such a great idea thank you for sharing with us at Quoth the Raven xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW this is stunning, thanks for popping over to my blog too, Love Hazelxo